For your journal articles for Russia, do not select an article on our/US relations with Russia possibly interfering with our past presidential election. There are so many other news topics I want you to focus on for and within Russia (and neighboring countries/FSU states). There are also many other topics including:
- low total fertility rates in Russia and Putin’s incentives to promote more children/mothers assistance program;
- the ban on adoptions to the US (leaving Russia);
- environmental issues in Russia with “ecocide”-industrialization at any cost;
- Russia/Germany relations;
- automobile industry;
- major engineering projects through the Russian heartland and Siberia;
- health issues;
- extreme wealth vs extreme poverty;
- Lake Baikal and other National Reserves (Zapovedniks);
- ethnic conflicts in surrounding FSU countries;
- the Buryat Shamans; and
- many other topics specific to the Russian Realm.
- Please follow the rubric
Journal Article write-up rubricSelect one article.Formatting: Followed all format guidelines 1-1.5 full pages, 11 font size double spaced with 1-inch margins.Organization: Writing is well organized, includes in the first half a summary of the article and within the second half of the write-up includes the student own original thoughts, questions, and critiques of article. Has appropriate paragraph formatting.Connection:The write-up makes appropriate connection between the topic the student selected and several key geography themes/terms for the region are in bold/underlined.Citation: Proper Citation Used including all required information.Focus: Select an appropriate topic for the designated element of study for the assignment. Topic focus of physical or cultural was clearly stated; region stated.