1. Chromosomes line up in the miIDle of the cell during what phaseof the cell cycle?
2. When is DNA replicated in the cell cycle?
3. Duplicated chromosomes are attached to spindle fibers by astructure called the ___________________.
4. Programmed cell death is called _____________, is initiated byinternal enzymes called ______________, which causes the cell to_________ out which is a signal to ___________________ to engulf them for______________.
5. A bacterial cell can divide in 20 minutes under optimalconditions, while adult mammalian cells take about 20 hours. Why is there sucha difference in time?
6. Why is meiosis called a nuclear reduction division process?
7. Do prokaryotes go through a meiosis process? Why or why not?