1. Explain your evidence for coming to this conclusion. Is this sufficient evidence to convict the the suspect of the crime? Why or why not?
2. It what way did this lab simulation differ from what is actually performed in a forensic analysis?
3. Why is restriction fragment length polymorphism (RFLP) commonly refered to as a “DNA fingerprint”?
4. A restriction endonuclease “cuts” two DNA molecules at the same location. What can you assume is identical about the molecules at that location?
5. Do any of your suspect samples appear to have EcoRI or Pstl recognition sites at the same location as the DNA from the crime scene? If so which suspects and what are the band lengths (bp) that match?
6. Why is DNA sometimes refered to as a palindrome?