Prepare for this Application as follows:
- For Section One: Marketing Research
Review the instructions for Chapter 6 Problem 6 on page 228 of Essentials of Health Care Marketing. In aIDition to considering how you will answer this problem, think about the marketing-research process. What elements of the marketing-research process described in Chapter 5 of the text would you recommend the organization apply in this scenario?
- For Section Two: Customer Loyalty
Consider the following statement: “ Although it is obvious that dissatisfied customers will certainly switch, it has been found that even satisfied customers will switch providers or suppliers. Satisfaction in and of itself is not sufficient” (Berkowitz, 2011, p. 236). With this in mind, think about the following questions:
- Why are customer satisfaction surveys important for health care organizations?
- What is the difference between customer satisfaction and customer loyalty?
- How would you assess customer loyalty?
- Why would this distinction be important for a health care organization as it considers its financial investments in marketing strategies? What implications does this have in terms of attracting new customers versus retaining customers?
- What is the purpose of organizational branding?
Then write a 2- to 3-page paper that aIDresses the following:
- Section One: Marketing Research
Answer the questions for Chapter 6 Problem 6 on page 228 of Essentials of Health Care Marketing. In aIDition, explain the types of aIDitional marketing research you would recommend the organization conduct given this scenario.
- Section Two: Customer Loyalty
Analyze the distinction between customer satisfaction and customer loyalty. Also evaluate the significance of organizational branding and other aspects of marketing described in this week’s Learning Resources. Explain how they relate to customer loyalty.