World History I
Short Answer Assignment
Instructions: Please complete the following assignment. For all questions, please respond in at least two complete sentences.
- What was so special about corn in the civilizations of the Americas?
- How did the treatment of women in African societies demonstrate the mixing of cultures in nations south of the Sahara Desert?
- How was the Mayan civilization like the civilizations of ancient Greece and China?
- Why is charting an exact history of early American peoples so difficult?
- How did African societies keep their own ways in the face of changes from the Christian and Islamic religions?
- How did the Islamic and Mongols conquests we examined last week influence the Spanish conquest of the Americas?
- From this weeks presentation, what are the two ways a state of war can affect how a society treats women in terms of rights and power?
Grading Rubric (for each 10 point question):
- Student used grammatically complete sentences (2 points)
- Student wrote at least three sentences (1 point)
- Student used key terms and place names (2 points)
- Student provided information that was substantially correct in answering the question (5 points)