Q. 1. Which specific Mycobacterium organism was Ehrlich trying to stain while he developed the acid-fast stain?
2. Why is it best to utilize an older culture when performing the acid-fast stain?
3. What acid accumulates in cells?
4. Who was Carl Weigert? What influence did Weigert have on Ehrlich?
5. Chemicals used in a lot of staining procedures have characteristics that make them potentially harmful. What do the letters MSDS stand for? Follow link provided to read about the acid-fast decolorizer. What kind of information does this document provide?
6. Other than the acid-fast stain, what other technique may be used to diagnose tuberculosis? What scientist developed this test?