In health care, services are most likely to be provided before a payment has been received, so it is imperative for health care providers to establish a reimbursement system that fits their individualized operational needs. In a 3-4-page paper, identify the pros and cons of the following reimbursement methods: Prospective-payment systems Cost-reimbursement systems Discounted-charge systems Flat-rate reimbursement system You should consider the following questions in your comparison analysis:
When is each reimbursement system considered the preferred method?
· What types of providers use each system?
· When would be a time or situation when each would be used?
· How does each reimbursement system affect the various departments of health care companies and providers?
· Will choosing one system over another affect available funding sources?
· What other areas/people may be affected by the decision?