Please answer the following 10 questions below about human genetics.
Achondroplasia (dwarfism) is an autosomal dominant disorder. A dwarf mother and a dwarf father have 4 children. The first 2 are dwarfs, and the last 2 are of normal height.
1) What are the chances of a non-dwarf child from this union?
2) What is the mother’s genotype?
3) What is the father’s genotype?
Color-blindness is a sex-linked recessive disorder. A heterozygous female mates with a male with a colorblind male.
4) What are the chances of this couple having a child who is color-blind?
5) What are the chances of this couple having a girl who is color-blind?
6) What are the chances of this couple having a boy who is color-blind?
The ability to roll your tongue and having freckles are both autosomal dominant traits. A woman who cannot roll her tongue, and is heterozygous for having freckles mates with a man who is homozygous dominant for both traits.
7) What are the chances of this couple having a child who is homozygous dominant for both traits?
8) Heterozygous for both traits?
9) Homozygous recessive for both traits?
10) Heterozygous for one of the 2 traits?