During the 1970s, as result of the Attica Prison riots and other social forces such as the civil rights movement, changes began to occur within the management of prisons that led to the development of more humane prison environments. Many prison officials no longer viewed offenders as second-class citizens without rights.
In this assignment, you will be responsible for preparing an essay on the viability of treatment in prisons.
- In an essay of 4 pages, address the following:
- Identify 3 specific goals and challenges in your argument for or against rehabilitative treatment in prison.
- Utilize 2 specific examples from case studies to support your position.
- Identify and explain the positions of 3 specific philosophical or social issues that could be used to support your analysis.
- Reference a total of 5 sources to support your analysis.
- Be sure to reference all sources using APA style.
- No plagerism
- Abstract and reference page