This paper should be focused on Information Technology and the Nursing Field
Over the course of the past four weeks, we have touched on the history of nursing, and described the changes in health systems as a result of health reform legislation. The field of nursing is not immune to the impact of health care reform, changing population demographics, and the vast changes in information technology. Within the past decade, the Institute of Medicine assessed the nursing profession and made recommendations for sweeping advancements in the profession to keep up with the rapidly evolving health care system.
This assignment will give students the opportunity to explore the impact of specific issues or circumstances on the nursing profession.
1. Present a description of the concept/circumstance.
2. Detail the effects of the concept/circumstance to nurses and nursing practice at the present time.
3. Summarize two research articles that focus on the concept/circumstance. (Articles must be from peer-reviewed journal sources.)
a. Identify the definition of the concept/circumstance studied in the research article.
b. Identify the setting in which the concept/circumstance was studied.
c. Describe the study findings related to the concept/circumstance.
4. Project the effects of the concept/circumstance to nursing practice in the future (next decade or two), if the concept/circumstance remains as it is currently.
5. Envision and discuss the worst and best possible scenarios regarding this concept/circumstance.
6. Present the role of the professional nurse in modifying the effects of this concept/circumstance. What can nurses do to shape the future of nursing?
7. Scholarly writing (grammar, punctuation, etc.)
a. Submit a minimum of 5 references €“ no more than 2 textbooks.