1. What are the leading primary producers and top consumers in the ecosystem you researched?
2. How did the amount of energy gained compare to the amount of energy lost as heat at the 2nd-4th trophic levels?
3. What are the consequences if all individuals belonging to one of these key species are removed? (Choose one specific example and describe the impact on other organisms in the ecosystem as well as on the abiotic environment.)
4. If you have the option to save from extinction either the carnivores or the primary producers in an ecosystem, which would you protect? Why?
5. Considering the amount of energy required to produce animal-based foods and goods, should humans change their habits so they consume products closer to the bottom of the food chain? Provide rationale for your response.