LACTASE -LACTOSE ARTICLE
1. What is the percent lactose content in humans? How about in Pinnipedia (sea lions, walruses etc.)?
2. Which tissue in humans is lactase found? What is the function of the enzyme?
3. All people are born with lactose tolerance but some lose the ability as adults, so what is intolerance? What are the symptoms?
4. Most of the world’s population is intolerant to lactose as adults. Which geographical ethnic groups are not able to tolerate milk as adults? What percent of the population is this?
5. When is it that the authors hypothesize that the genetic mutation that led to lactose tolerance or persistence might have occurred?
Attachment:- Article- Sciamlactoselactase.pdf