LOW-INCIDENCE DISABILITIES: SEVERE/MULTIPLE DISABILITIES, DEAF-BLINDNESS, AND TRAUMATIC BRAIN INJURY
• Why is a curriculum based on typical developmental stages and milestones inappropriate for students with severe and multiple disabilities?
• How can a teacher assist a child who has been hospitalized with a traumatic brain injury return to school?
• Why are functional and age-appropriate curriculum so critical for students with severe and multiple disabilities?
• How does access to the general academic curriculum benefit students with severe disabilities?
• What are the most important skills for a teacher of students with severe and multiple disabilities? Why?
• How much time should a student with severe and multiple disabilities spend in the general education classroom?