1. Mention 5 nonthermal technologies to process foods and thoroughly describe all of them.
2. Explain the Preservation of Foods by Oscillating Magnetic Fields. Please provide a critical evaluation of this technology. Explain the possible mechanism of microbial inactivation by this approach.
3. Sketch the design of a plant to process juices using Pulsed Electric Fields. The plant should have a capacity to process 5000 liters per our. Please try to be as realistic as possible and document as much as possible your design.
4. Explain two possible approaches to design a high pressure vessel. Please provide as much details as possible.
5. Define bacteriocins and mention at least three with potential food applications. Please describe in details how the microbial inactivation takes place.
Note: Write all references.