1. How is the human body structured as it relates to anatomical position?
2. Identify at least five combining forms and their meaning that are associated with dermatology. Select and discuss one disease that a dermatologist would treat, its origin, and discription.
Write your response in 500-600 words count. Please include three references atleast in end.
It is very important to understand the anatomical position because of directional terms and also based on orientation. They include-
• Superior-It refers to upper region of the body or located away from head
• Inferior-To lower region of the body or located away from head
• Ventral-at front of the body
• Dorsal-at back of the body
• Medial- present at midline of the body
• Lateral-present away from the midline of the body
• Intermediate-present in between lateral and median position
• Proximal-located by attaching limb to the body trunk and closer to the body part origin
• Distal-located by attaching limb to the body trunk and away to the body part origin
• Superficial-at the body surface or toward (external)
• Deep-exactly away from the surface of body
For the purpose of anatomical position the body is mainly classified into different flat surfaces which are called as planes. The most frequently used body planes include-