1) Describe the differences between extracellular and intracellular fluids.
2) Contrast negative feedback systems and positive feedback systems.
3) Describe the mechanism of activation of baroreceptors in the case of significant increase in blood pressure.
4) Briefly describe how hypothalamic center integrates thermal information and directs changes in efferent activity to balance body’s temperature
5) Briefly explain why fever differs from other types of hyperthermia.
6) Explain why positive feedback mechanism can be deadly.
7) What is the structure and function of nucleolus?
8) Briefly explain the meaning of saying that “Epithelial cells are polarized”.
9) Describe a difference between tight junctions and gap junctions.
10) List the general categories of intracellular messengers.
11) What causes the development of lysosomal storage disorders?
12) What abnormality regarding the lysosomal enzyme have children with Tay-Sacks disease inherited from the parents?
13) Briefly describe how low density lipoproteins (LDL) can deliver cholesterol to the cells. How works the process of endocytosis in this case?
14) Briefly describe the organelles responsible of new proteins synthesis and sorting.
15) Explain the role of thin and thick filaments in the process of cytokinesis.
16) Describe the conditions under which acclimatization occurs. In what period of life might an acclimatization be irreversible?
17) Briefly explain how integral membrane proteins can participate in intracellular signaling.