1. For Part A, please explain in detail the results in Data Analysis and why they turned out as they did?
2. For Part B, please explain in detail the results in Data Analysis and why they turned out as they did?
3. One of the simple sugars (galactose or mannose) used in this exercise should have inhibited Con A-peroxidase binding to cheek epithelial cells and the Con A-induced hemoagglutination reaction. Name this sugar and describe the mechanism by which it inhibits these effects?
4. Describe the mechanism responsible for the Con-A induced hemoagglutinating reaction?
5. Most membrane proteins including the Con-A receptor can be solubilized by treating cell membranes with a non-ionic detergent such as Triton X 100. You are given such a soluble preparation of erythrocyte proteins. Describe a single procedure that could be used to isolate the Con A Receptor from this preparation?
6. What would be a good title for the the experiment preformed?