Neurotransmitters play a vital role in both our minds and bodies; please respond to the following items:
1. Define neurotransmitters and describe their role in neurotransmission. Discuss how they are released, how they affect receiving neurons, and how they are removed from receptor sites.
2. Pick one neurotransmitter and discuss the effect it has on our bodies. Also discuss the transmitter’s connection with disease or disorders.
3. Once you have discussed a specific disease associated with neurotransmitter imbalance, describe the treatment options available as well as identify an individual associated with the disease. For example, Michael J. Fox’s battle with Parkinson’s disease.
4. Discuss the importance of biology for understanding behavior.
– Apply critical thinking skills to the content of the course.
– Define the main biological influences of psychology.
– Provide references.