Learning Disabilities Research and Practice
• Learning Disabilities Association of America
• Council for Learning Disabilities
5- LEARNING DISABILITIES
• Why has the concept of learning disabilities proven so difficult to define?
• What characteristic encompasses all students with learning disabilities?
• What factors might account for the huge increase in the prevalence of students identified with learning disabilities since the category was officially recognized in the mid-1970s?
• Are the achievement deficits of most students diagnosed with learning disabilities the result of neurological impairment or poor instruction?
• What can a student’s responsiveness to evidence-based instruction reveal about the need and focus of special education?
• How can academic tool skills and learning strategies relate to each other?
• What skills are most important to the success of an elementary-age student with learning disabilities in the general education classroom? for a secondary student?