Select three topics that interest you most and identify two credible sources for each topic. Note: This is one of several parts that will build toward a final draft of your persuasive writing research paper.
- Explain the reason for selecting topic one, identify the audience, and provide a preliminary thesis statement.
- Explain the reason for selecting topic two, identify the audience, and provide a preliminary thesis statement.
- Explain the reason for selecting topic three, identify the audience, and provide a preliminary thesis statement.
- Identify and document six credible sources (two for each topic) that you would expect to use. Note: Wikipedia and other Websites do not qualify as academic resources.
Your assignment must follow these formatting guidelines:
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
- Recognize the elements and correct use of a thesis statement.
- Associate the features of audience, purpose, and text with various genres.
- Recognize correct APA documentation and reasons to document and avoid plagiarism.
- Write clearly and concisely about selected topics using proper writing mechanics.
- Use technology and information resources to research selected issues for this course.
Appendix D: ENG 215 Topics for Persuasive Writing Research Paper These topics are to be used for Assignments 1-5.
Assignment 1: Research Topics with Explanation
Assignment 2: Research Proposal – Thesis, Major points, and Plan
Assignment 3: Persuasive Paper Part I: A Problem Exists
Assignment 4: Persuasive Paper Part 2: Solution and Advantages
Assignment 5: Persuasive Writing Part 3: Possible Disadvantages and Answers
Some topics focus on the entire county; however, other topics may focus on states, local areas, and / or businesses
Topics / Questions
1) Should taxes on people making over $250,000 a year be changed?
2) Should Transportation Security (TSA) regulations be changed?
3) Should regulations for home schools be changed?