- Identify a health/healthcare issue/topic that is of specific interest to you (see list at end of syllabus). ONLY TOPICS FROM THE LIST WILL BE ACCEPTED.
- Complete a preliminary search of your selected topic and begin to gather reputable, relevant evidence. You will eventually need at least eight (8) reputable sources.
Evaluation of Proposal Email (10% of course points)
Outlines a specific Health/Healthcare Issue that is relevant to course objectives and content
- Statement of proposed topic
- Outline of the four sections (see items 4a-d below for list of the four sections) of the proposed PowerPoint. Cite reputable sources for each of the four sections. The four sections are:
- Description of the issue/topic
- Relevance and significance of the issue/topic
- Impact of the issue/topic on health, health status, and/or healthcare in the United States
- Challenges/barriers to incidence reduction, implementation, resolution/improvement?
3. Make sure to include at least 2 bullet points and cite reputable sources for each of the 4 sections. Must use at least two (2) scholarly references in the proposal (full citation required
List of Topics:CHOOSE ONE
Mergers (between hospitals)
Ambulatory care services
Mergers (between pharmaceutical companies)
National Quality Strategy (National Strategy for Quality Improvement in Health
Occupational health services
Consumer use of internet health information sites (e.g. WebMD)
K-12 school health services (not lunch or PE programs)
Hospital Safety Scores or report cards
Physician Quality Reporting System (PQRS)
Changing physician payment trends
Health Insurance portability
Quality and Safety Education for Nurses (QSEN) project
PowerPoint presentation Format (10% of PowerPoint grade):
a) Includes 35+ slides. PowerPoint presentation begins with a
title slide that identifies the topic of the presentation, your
name, and the date. PowerPoint presentation concludes with
Literature Cited (or References) slide(s).
b) Uses required section heading slide for each of the four major
sections (see above) of the PowerPoint
c) Consistent appropriate background, font, font size(s) and font
color combinations are used throughout the presentation.
d) Presentation effectively includes appropriate
MAKE SURE TO
DESCRIBE/EXPLAIN WHAT IS PRESENTED IN EACH TABLE,
GRAPH OR DIAGRAM.
e) The overall appearance of the PowerPoint presentation is
appealing and contains no spelling, grammar, or punctuation
examples are attached if there is any questions feel free to ask me