Due 5/1/17 8:00 a.m. PLEASE PLEASE READ INSTRUCTIONS CAREFULLY….Please note that this assignment has 2 parts. All work need to be 100 percent original. Part 1 needs to be 1000-1200 words with at least 3 references APA format. Part 2 needs to be at least 400 words which is a reflection.
In this assignment you will finalize your plan for the proposed healthcare facility by incorporating your work from Weeks 1 through 4 along with new content as described below. The assignment has two parts:
- Plan for your proposed healthcare facility
- Reflection on what you have accomplished in completing your course of student by your work in this capstone course and what skills you will continue to develop and improve on as you begin or advance in your career in healthcare management.
Part 1: Plan for proposed healthcare facility
You have been asked to present your plan for the proposed health care facility to the Board of Directors. Based on your previous assignments, you are to develop a proposal as a written paper that includes the following:
Quality measures (Week 5) (This will be a new section as part of your project)
- Research and describe at least 3 measures that you plan to use in your facility that are currently used to gauge quality in health care.
- Identify how data for these measures will be collected and analyzed.
- Set realistic benchmarks for each proposed measurement, and explain the rationale behind the benchmarks that you set.
Note: You should include a minimum of 3 references with the new content for Week 5.
- All sources should be cited using APA format.
- Grammar, spelling, punctuation, and format should be correct and professional.
Part 2: 400 words Reflection on what you have learned and what you will work on to continue to develop as a healthcare management professional
- As you complete the course and your degree program and look forward to advancing your career in healthcare management, what are the skills and competencies that you feel you have developed and what are the ones that you will need to continue to work on? How do you plan to improve upon your skills and continue to develop competencies in healthcare management?
The American College of Healthcare Management provides resources related to the competencies that healthcare management professionals should possess. Refer to this document for a list of healthcare management competencies.
International Hospital Federation. (2015). Leadership competencies for healthcare services managers. Retrieved from https://www.ache.org/newclub/resource/Leadership_Competencies_Healthcare_Services_Managers.pdf
Healthcare leadership competencies. (2016). American College of Healthcare Executives. Retrieved from https://www.ache.org/newclub/resource/competencies.cfm