Please! Only Bid if you have the texebook: Human Services In Contempory America Nineth Ed. William R. Burger.
NO PLAGIARISM, CITE AND OR REFERENCE ALL WORK.
Learning Activity #3: Mental Illness Stigma Discussion
- Read the article titled Mental health: Overcoming the stigma of mental illness.
- Read pp. 89-94 in the Burger text.
- View the following video titled 5 Myths about Mental Illness.
- Prepare to share in discussion on the following points:
- How much do you feel you know about major mental illnesses such as bipolar, depression and schizophrenia?
- Do you know anyone with these conditions and how can they be best helped?
- Why is there so much stigma regarding people with mental illnesses?
- Why do you think so many people with mental illnesses end up homeless? What can be done to help with this situation?
Learning Activity #4: Connecting Issues Response
- Read the two articles provided below on the relationship between substance abuse and human trafficking.
- Write a one-page response to the following questions:
- What is the relationship between substance abuse and victims of human trafficking?
- What in your opinion and according to these articles can be done to help with this problem?