Sally is experiencing kidney failure and needs a kidney transplant. The organ procurement coordinator contacts the United Network of Organ Sharing (UNOS) to have Sally listed in the recipient registry. Sally wonders about the process of being selected as a recipient. She knows there are a limited number of kidneys donated and there are more people on the list than kidneys available, which creates a resource allocation problem.
- Click on Transplantation Basics
- Click on The Matching Process â€“ Waiting List
Write a 200- to 350-word analysis of the difficulties of kidney allocation.
Include the following in your analysis:
- What are some of the advantages of having a national registry?
- What are some of the disadvantages?
- Is the system fair?
- How does a patientâ€™s ability to pay affect the process?
- What recommendations for improvement do you have?
Format your assignment according to APA guidelines.