Complete the activity(s) listed below and bring the information to class.
Activities of Daily Living
List activities of daily living (ADLs) that with age become more difficult to complete. How does ADLs change if living alone and unsupervised? What questions could you ask an older adult regarding their ADLs? What answers would lead to potential safety or health concerns?
Video Scenario: Pediatric Visit Scenario =
Aging and Body Systems
Select one system and research the effects of aging might have on organ(s) in that system. What is the disorder? What are the signs and symptoms? Is the disorder preventable and/or what are the treatment options? Write a one-page paper, general format.
Dementia Patients (Presentation)
1. Dementia and Alzheimer’s patients struggle with activities of daily living.
2. How are simple tasks like daily medication a challenge?
3. How do you provide patient education?
4. How do you communicate with a patient advocate or caregiver?
Complete a power point, must include a title and reference page on the challenges of providing patient care and communication.
Visit http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/ency/article/003402.htm to review the APGAR test
1. Express how the test is designed,
2. How it is performed,
3. What the abnormal results can show.
Power Point: Include title/reference slides.