1. Why was it important to mark the TLC plate with pencil?
2. Using information from the prelab lecture, determine which pigments are present in your various leaf samples. You may need to use both the TLC and spectrophotometric data.
3. What color were your leaves to start with? Which wavelengths of light were most absorbed in your leaves?
4. Which pigments are most abundant in leaves?
5. Which wavelengths of visible light carry the most energy? How does this relate to strategies for plant photosynthesis?
6. What was your initial hypothesis?
7. Have you disproved or failed to disprove this hypothesis?