Select a disease that affects one of the organ systems studied this week. Put the name of the disease in the subject line of your post. When choosing a disease, make sure that your selection is unique. Repetitive posts will earn minimal, if any credit. You can always comment on classmates’ post providing aIDitional, in depth insight to fulfill weekly participation requirements.
In your post aIDress following:
1. Name(s) of the disease and the system that is primarily affected by the chosen disease.
2. What category does the chosen disease belong to? (See Module 1)
3. Classify the disease based on its intensity and duration. (acute, chronic, latent).
4. Identify the homeostatic mechanism that has failed.
5. Select two signs (remember that sign is an objective characteristic of the disease) and describe what causes the presence of the selected signs.
6. Select two symptoms (symptom is the patient’s subjective perception of a change in normal body function) and describe what causes the presence of the selected symptoms.
7. What diagnostic tool (choose at least one) would help you in diagnosing this disease and how?