As a chief operating officer, you are responsible for a 15-bed Emergency Room (ER). You have received many complaints within the last year regarding inadequate patient care, poor ER management, long wait times, and patients being sent away because of lack of space, staff, or physicians to provide appropriate care.
Write an eight to twelve (8-12) page paper in which you:
1. Diagnose the root causes of the complaints about the clinic.
2. Devise a strategic plan for overcoming the problems associated with the current ER.
3. Justify how the “Good Samaritan Law” affects the appropriate treatment of the ER patients.
4. Analyze how the different levels of emergency services (basic, intermediate, transfer, and trauma) should be prioritized in the strategic plan.
5. Formulate a plan to treat adults, minors, emancipated minors, or incompetent adults in the new ER organization.
6. Create a procedure to provide care to those who refuse to consent to treatment.
7. Use at least five (5) quality academic resources in this assignment. Note: Wikipedia and other Websites do not quality as academic resources.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
· Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
· Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required assignment page length.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
· Define negligence and liability as they relate to health care.
· Justify how emergency care may be warranted and the conditions under which it is not required.
· Explain how consent and withholding consent might affect a health care situation.
· Use technology and information resources to research issues in health care policy, law, and ethics.
· Write clearly and concisely about health care policy, law, and ethics using proper writing mechanics.