I live in Miami, Florida)
Assignment 1: Discussion Assignment
The discussion assignment provides a forum for discussing relevant topics for this week based on the course competencies covered.
For this assignment, make sure you post your initial response to the Discussion Area by Saturday, January 2, 2016.
To support your work, use your course and text readings and also use outside sources. As in all assignments, cite your sources in your work and provide references for the citations in APA format.
Start reviewing and responding to the postings of your classmates as early in the week as possible. Respond to at least two of your classmates. Participate in the discussion by asking a question, providing a statement of clarification, providing a point of view with a rationale, challenging an aspect of the discussion, or indicating a relationship between two or more lines of reasoning in the discussion. Complete your participation for this assignment.
Health Care Programs
The development of diseases or the state of wellness and health are influenced by social, economic, environmental, and demographic factors of a population. As such, population statistics play a major role in determining the health status of a community or the distribution of diseases within that community.
You are the public health officer or health care administrator in charge of finding a prevention and intervention program to aIDress public health issues in your community. You have been asked by your supervisor to create a report on the public health issue that you will be working for.
Based on your findings, express your views on the following:
- What are the health problems or issues currently impacting your community?
- What is the demographic data of your community as given on the U.S. Census Bureau website?
- According to the data related to morbidity, mortality, and prevalence, what are the incidence rates of the diseases in your community?
- What are the health care requirements of the community?
- How do you plan to assist in the prevention and intervention programs of your community?