West Nile Virus Diseases
Study the topic West Nile virus diseases in detail. Click here to view information provided about West Nile cases in the US and your state.
Also, click here to visit the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases and read the research, diagnosis, prevention, resources, and understanding of the disease.
On the basis of your reading and analysis, create a 2- to 3-page report in a Microsoft Word document answering the following questions:
- How many cases of West Nile Virus were reported in your state based on the epidemiology data?
- What is the name of the bacteria which causes West Nile Virus?
- What is the mode of transmission?
- What types of epidemiological studies would be most useful to help one gather data, descriptive or analytical studies, and why?
- What is the significance to your local community and the state community in relation to the disease?
- How can communities educate the public to reduce potential rates of disease?
- How can the community control the spread of the disease?
- What effect does the disease have on families?
- What specific health care agencies may also be involved, in addition to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)?
- What impact does this disease have on you after reading the websites? How can one be proactive in the community to raise awareness about the West Nile Virus and provide a health wellness program?