To prepare for this weeks learning Activity, review the following video by Dr. Mate in aIDition to this weeks assigned Reading:
- Democracynow.org. (2010, February 15th). Dr. Gabor Mate: When the body says no: Understanding the stress-disease on the stress-disease connection. Retrieved from http://www.democracynow.org/2010/2/15/dr_gabor_mat_when_the_body
Proceed with the weeks learning Activity by doing the following:
Part 1: Interview a person whom you know to learn about stress and coping. For the interview, ask the following two questions:
- What are your top three stressors (worries)?
- How do you cope with your stressors?
Part 2: Complete the following in 12 pages:
- Summarize your interviewees responses to the two questions.
- Refer directly to the textbook or another credible source and discuss the effects a persons response to a stressor and method of coping can have on his or her mental health.
- Explain how the interviewee or an individual can learn to cope with stressors in a healthy manner that may lead to more positive effects.
Submitting Your Learning Activity
Complete the Unit 5 Learning Activity Template. Complete the document in 12 pages, using APA writing style, and save it in a location with your first a