After providing your report to the professor in Assignment 2, the country’s governing body asks you to return to the country and testify in the court proceedings. While you are abroad, your professor asks you to report on the court proceedings and correctional system.
Use the Internet or Strayer databases to research court proceedings and the correctional system in the same country you selected in Assignment 2.
Write a three to five (3-5) page paper in which you:
- Analyze both the court system’s likely view on the accused’s rights, as well as the court system’s likely treatment of the defendant during trial proceedings. Provide support for the analysis.
- Assuming the accused is ultimately sentenced to a term of imprisonment, depict the most likely experience the defendant will have within the country’s prison system. Provide justification for your view of the country’s prison system.
- Expose two (2) ethical concerns you witnessed regarding the country’s court and correctional systems.
- Provide one (1) recommendation for change within each of the systems (court and correctional). Provide justification for the recommendations.
- Use at least four (4) quality references. Note: Wikipedia and other Websites do not qualify as academic resources.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
- Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any aIDitional instructions.
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required assignment page length.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
- Evaluate and explain ethical issues inherent in criminal justice systems.
- Differentiate the role of courts in various societies and in international context.
- Compare international perspectives on corrections and criminal punishment, including comparative sentencing typologies.
- Use technology and information resources to research comparative perspectives in criminal justice.
- Write clearly and concisely about criminal justice topics using proper writing mechanics and APA style conventions.
Click here to view the grading rubric for this assignment