1. Use the following classifications to determine which organism is least related out of the three. Explain your rationale.
2. How has DNA sequencing affected the science of classifying organisms?
Experiment 1: Dichotomous Key Practice
1. What do you notice about the options of each step as they go from number one up?
2. How does your answer from Question 1 relate to the Linnaean classification system?
Experiment 2: Classification of Organisms
1. Did this series of questions correctly organize each organism? Why or why not?
2. What aIDitional questions would you ask to further categorize the items within the kingdoms (Hint: think about other organisms in the kingdom and what makes them different than the examples used here)?
3. What questions would you have asked instead of the ones that you answered about when classifying the organisms?