Question 1. Two different organisms. Which of the following results would support a hypothesis that one of the species was more highly evolved that the other?
1. One genome has over 25,000 protein-coding genes. The other has 5,000
2. “” “” encodes 50% more TF’s than the other protein
3. This answer just talks about how many bps each has which I know is irrelevant.
Which of the following features would BEST indicate a single gene would code for many distinct proteins?
1. presence of enhance regions
2. a large # of exons
3. frequent start and stop codons within coding sequence
What is the minimum number of regulatory proteins needed to allow for 8 unique cell types