WIC policy analysis
Considering your policy, please describe its goals and then aIDress the following points related to these:
Are the goals just? Do they promote social justice?
Do the goals contribute to a better quality of life for the target group?
Are the goals consistent with the values of social work?
Is the policy likely to accomplishing its goals?
2. How do groups at risk relate to the target group in the policy?
3. Are there side effects of the policy likely to cause other social problems?
4. Does the policy represent a wise use of resources?
5. What barriers, if any exist to full implementation of the policy?
6. From your point of view, as a social worker, could there be alternative policies that would be preferable? What would this (these) be? (i.e., prevention versus intervention, treatment versus incarceration, etc.). Briefly describe your vision.