Case Study 2
Mr. P is a 76-year-old male with cardiomyopathy and congestive heart failure who has been hospitalized frequently to treat CHF symptoms. He has difficulty maintaining diet restrictions and managing his polypharmacy. He has 4+ pitting edema, moist crackles throughout lung fields, and labored breathing. He has no family other than his wife, who verbalizes sadness over his declining health and over her inability to get out of the house. She is overwhelmed with the stack of medical bills, as Mr. P always took care of the financial issues. Mr. P is despondent and asks why God has not taken him.
Considering Mr. Pâ€™s condition and circumstance, write an essay of 500-750 words that includes the following:
- Describe your approach to care.
- Recommend a treatment plan.
- Describe a method for providing both the patient and family with education and explain your rationale.
- Provide a teaching plan (avoid using terminology that the patient and family may not understand).
– A minimum of three academic references from credible sources are required for this assignment.
– Prepare this assignment according to the APA guidelines.
-An abstract is not required.
-This assignment uses a grading rubric. Review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the assignment criteria and expectations for successful completion of the assignment.
-You are required to submit this assignment for plagiarism.