The focus of your Case Study Analysis and Findings paper will be based, in large part, on the weekly assignments you completed throughout the course. In each of the weekly assignments, you address a particular aspect of the overall criminal case and offender that you selected in Week One.
- In the Week One Literature Review assignment, you provide the resources necessary for each phase of your final analysis and findings.
- In the Week Two Case Summary and Offender Profile assignment, you provide an analysis of the behavior of the offender relative to the psychological history and evaluation of the offender.
- In the Week Three Investigative Psychology assignment, you provide an analysis of the behavior of the investigators including the analysis of the crime scene. This assignment also describes the psychological, behavioral, environmental, and cognitive factors that influence the investigation, including intervention strategies to reduce the impact of stress on law enforcement.
- In the Week Four Legal Psychology and Victimization assignment, you provide a discussion on the role of the psychological profile of the offender and the victims have on the presentation of evidence in court, including the analysis of legal psychology as it is implemented in the criminal justice process.
- Finally, in the Week Five Psychological Treatment in Correctional Settings assignment, you provide a discussion on the impacts the psychological make–up of offenders have on the functional responsibilities of incarceration facilities and how the biases and assumptions of correctional service providers influence their assessment of and interaction with these offenders.
Utilizing your research and analyses completed for the Weeks One through Five assignments, consider the psychological methods and theoretical models of criminal behavior as well as the police psychology and the psychological aspects of all participants in the criminal justice process relative to the specific criminal episode selected in Week One. Present your findings within the continuing context of the endogenous and exogenous theories of criminal behavior and the analysis of how our biases and assumptions influence our assessments of individuals. Correlate these to the cultural-based behavior patterns that may be specific to certain segments of the population with an evaluation of the potential impact and intervention strategies that may be utilized to reduce the impact of stress on law enforcement personnel.
In your Final Research Paper
- Evaluate the theory of criminal behavior related to the selected case.
- Analyze the biases and assumptions that influenced participants in the case process.
- Address each of these participants:
- Defense attorney(s)
- Analyze the role the psychological profile of the offender played in how the investigation was conducted and in any subsequent court proceedings.
- Discuss the impact of this case on future actions and ideology of the criminal justice system relative to the psychological issues presented (or denied) in this case.
The Final Research Paper
- Must be seven double–spaced pages in length (not including title and references pages) and formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center (Links to an external site.).
- Must include a separate title page with the following:
- Title of paper
- Student’s name
- Course name and number
- Instructor’s name
- Date submitted
- Must use at least eight reliable and scholarly sources in addition to the course texts.