Help you understand the function of carbs, types of carbs, digestion and absorption of carbohydrates, carbohydrate in your body, carbohydrate in your diet and disorders linked with carbohydrates.
Visit the American Diabetes Association website (http://www.diabetes.org/).
Write a 500-1000 word paper that addresses the following elements of carbohydrates:
- What carbohydrates are
- The difference between simple and complex carbohydrates
- How sugars are broken down and used in the body
- Benefits carbohydrates provide to the body
- Examples of foods that are healthy sources of carbohydrates
- Information on one of the following disorders related to carbohydrates: lactose intolerance, diabetes, or hypoglycemia. A definition for the disorder, information on how it affects the body, and courses of action used to treat and manage each disorder should be included.
• Format your paper consistent with APA guidelines.