1. Biology is the study of life. What is life as described by a biologist?
2. Explain the scientific method.
3. Scientists describe evolution as the unifying concept of biology. Theodosius Dobzhansky said, “nothing in biology makes sense except in the light of evolution. Explain the role on evolution as the corner stone of biology.
4. What is the basic theory of biological evolution and what evidence is there to support this theory?
5. Describe the two scientific models for evolution. (Gradualism, Punctuated Equilibrium)
6. How has the theory of evolution affected the social course of human history according to the film “Darwin’s Revolution?”
7. What is the difference between science, art and religion? In your opinion, do they conflict?
8. Diagram and explain the energy cycle involving plants and animals
9. In the past, the highest classification of organisms was the Kingdom level. Recently scientist aIDed a higher level called the Domain. Compare and contrast the Old Kingdom system with the newer Domain system. And explain why the system was changed.
10. Follow the path a hormone (protein) takes in the cell, starting with the DNA and ending with excretion from a cell.
11. A recent study shows that 8% of adults without high school diplomas occasionally drive after drinking; whereas 31% of adults with a college degree occasionally drive after drinking. Therefore, I conclude college drives people to drink. Is this a valid conclusion based on the data provided? Explain your answer.
12. Label the cell organelles in the attached cell diagram. Give a brief description of their function