The safety and protection of individuals and the community have been discussed and identified in earlier modules. The safety and protection of others are another significant responsibility of the forensic mental health professional.
Forensic assessments are often utilized in the environment of safety and protection services. This assignment highlights the context of such reports, and this information is directly relevant to the psycholegal assessment questions on the comprehensive exam.
Using resources from the professional literature, research forensic assessments. The literature may include the Argosy University online library resources, relevant textbooks, peer-reviewed journal articles, and websites created by professional organizations, agencies, or institutions (.edu and .gov).
In a minimum of 300 words, complete the following:
- Discuss the differences between a criminal risk of dangerousness assessment regarding violent harm to others and a civil risk of dangerousness assessment regarding harm to one’s self.
- Identify and describe assessment tools (psychological tests) for harm towards others and assessment tools (psychological tests) for harm towards self.
- Be sure to focus on situations of violence risk that do not involve sexual behavior since risk assessment of sexual offenders is the topic of M4 Assignment 2.
- By the due date assigned, post your responses to this Discussion Area.
- Through the end of module, respond to at least two of your classmates’ posts. While responding, compare the similarities and differences between what you have constructed and what your classmates have.
|Grading Criteria||Maximum Points|
|Quality of initial posting, including fulfillment of assignment instructions||
|Quality of responses to classmates||
|Frequency of responses to classmates||
|Reference to supporting readings and other materials||
|Language and grammar||